Women are making a significant impact in the digital content industry, which encompasses a broad range of sectors such as social media, marketing, advertising, and entertainment.
Women are bringing their creativity, strategic thinking, and diverse perspectives to this dynamic and rapidly evolving field. In this blog post, we'll share the story of a woman who has made a name for herself in the digital content industry and her insights on the industry.
Meet Larissa Gingco, a jack of all trades and masters of everything in the digital content creation world from social media management to video production. She is passionate about creating content that engages and inspires people, and she has worked with some of the biggest brands in the world to achieve that goal.
We had the opportunity to sit down with Larissa and learn more about her journey and her insights on working in the digital content industry at Sazzy Creatives as an account manager.
1. Can you describe your job and what a typical day is like for you?
A typical day of my work life consists of my organising my client's social media calendar, getting approvals, making necessary changes and executing the content.
2. What do you think is the best part of being a woman?
The best part of being a woman is having access to our feminine energy. The energy that allows us to create, nurture, and manifest.
3. Have you ever felt that being a woman has negatively impacted your career?
Many a times, I wasn't given the same respect and opportunities as compared my male colleagues. However, being in a woman owned agency, I have never felt the same way.
4. What advice would you give to young women starting their careers?
Try out as many industries and career opportunities as you can until you find the right one that makes you feel whole, and if you still don't, create that opportunity for yourself by starting something of your own.
5. Choose one word that best describes you and why.
I feel that kindness is something I've always practiced in and out of the office. The world needs more kind people and when you spread kindness, I believe that good things will always find it's way to you.
6. What skills are essential for women to succeed in their careers?
- Confidence: It is so important for women to believe in the work that they are producing because when you are confident in your beliefs, people will believe it to.
- Resilience: As we often still find glass door issues in society, it is important for us women to not give up even though our voices are not heard because with the right pair of ears, you work will speak for itself and not your gender.
- Brave: Being brave is so important because you will need to be brave in order to chase your dreams and if that doesn't work out, be brave to start something of your own and allow other like-minded people to find their way to you.